Often we use ebooks and PDF documents to study or for work. Most of us prefer to use a laptop or PC to work with PDFs and ebooks. Since a bigger screen and full-fledged apps work better than a mobile version of the same. But sometimes we also need them on our mobile devices like iPhones or iPads as well. So, here is a tutorial on how to transfer ebooks, PDFs, and documents to your iPhone or iPad from a PC.
To add ebooks and PDFs to your iPhone or iPad, you need to install an iOS app that supports the ePUB format. While many of the apps are out there supporting ePUB, both paid and free. For a free app, users can download Marvin or Documents.
- After you have downloaded the ebooks reader app on your iOS device, download CopyTrans Filey on your PC.
- Open CopyTrans Filey and connect your iPad to the PC. From the list of devices select an ebook reader app.
- Now, on your PC navigate to the location where you have ePUB books. Select all the ePUB books you want to transfer it to your iPhone or iPad.
- Drag and drop them to the CopyTrans Filey app. Now, wait until the transfer is finished.
- After the transfer is finished, you can check on your iPhone or iPad the ebooks should now be appearing on your device.
Transfer PDF to iPad/iPhone
- Download the CopyTrans Filey app on your PC.
- Open the App and connect your iPhone or iPad. After which select a PDF reading app from the list that appeared in the bottom of the CopTrans app.
- Now, on your PC navigate to the PDF that needs to be copied to the IOS device using explorer. Now select the PDF and drag and drop them to the Copytrans Filey app.
- That’s all now you can see the PDFs on your iPhone or iPad.
Add PDF to iPad/iPhone via iTunes
- Alternatively, you can also use iTunes to transfer PDFs to your iPhone or iPad.
- Open iTunes on your PC and navigate to the iBooks section from the left window pane.
- Click on the PDFs tab inside iBooks.
- Now drag and drop the PDF file from your PC to iTunes on the iBooks, PDF section.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to iTunes via a USB cable.
- Now you may see a tab above saying iPhone/iPad depending on what device you connect. Click on it.
- Inside that, you can see the books tab to select that and check the box sync books and choose selected books and then select the check box next to the PDF you just dragged and dropped. Lastly, click on Apply.
- Now you can open and use the PDF on our IOS device since the transfer and sync are completed.
More to read: