Apple aims to become totally carbon neutral by 2030

By Manikanta Immanni
Apple Wind Farm
The Montague wind farm in Oregon is one of Apple’s largest projects at 200 megawatts and powers Apple’s Prineville data center. | Source:

Apple has today announced to go 100% carbon neutral by 2030, across all its operations like manufacturing and supply chain. This was detailed in its Environmental Progress Report of 2020, where 75% of emissions will be reduced to zero and the rest 25% by developing innovative carbon removal technologies.

Apple to Become 100 percent Carbon Neutral by 2030

Going Carbon Neutral for any firm isn’t so easy. This is means the company is using 100% of its power sourced from either renewable resources or making carbon footprints anyway but offsetting this by doing some environmental activities. Apple does both here. It has made wind farms to leverage wind energy and also recycling things to reduce new production, thus decreasing carbon footprints.

Also Read: Here’s the list of all iOS 14 features and improvements

Apple has been a carbon-neutral for its global corporate operations, and now planning to go the same for its entire business by 2030. This includes the manufacturing, supply chain and product life cycle. Apple has also said that anyone retailer interested to be a part of its supply chain has to go green by 2030. Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO said, “Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share.

Further, he added “The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet – they’ve helped us make our products more energy-efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”

The Environmental Progress Report of 2020 contains plans for its future efforts of going 100% carbon neutral. The company said it’s planning to reduce 75% of its carbon emissions by 2030, and they also develop innovative technologies for carbon removal as the rest 25% efforts. This includes the maker’s Material Recovery Lab in Austin to partner with Carnegie Mellon University to develop solutions for better recycling.

And also, Apple said it disassembles the Taptic Engine from all iPhones to recover and reuse the rare earth elements like tungsten and other magnets. The company has set $100 million for Racial Equity last month and will be using part of its funds to aids these programs now. Apple said it will set a roadmap for all companies and industries to go carbon neutral in future.

More to read:

Related Posts


Ruby November 12, 2020 - 9:41 PM

Quality posts is the important to attract the viewers to pay a visit the website,
that’s what this web site is providing.

Jacqueline November 12, 2020 - 11:04 PM

Hi there friends, pleasant paragraph and good arguments commented at
this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.

Timothy November 13, 2020 - 10:12 AM

Hey there are using Wordpress for your site platform?
I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you
need any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any
help would be really appreciated

Kathryn November 13, 2020 - 5:06 PM

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Bless you!

Renee November 13, 2020 - 11:10 PM

I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this
website on regular basis to get updated from newest information.

Kali November 15, 2020 - 10:12 AM

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really
make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got
your theme. Kudos

Travis November 18, 2020 - 4:47 PM

I was suggested this web site by my cousin.
I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody
else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful!

Kirk November 27, 2020 - 1:42 PM

I have read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking
for revisiting. I surprise how a lot attempt you set to make this sort of great informative web site.

Tracie November 28, 2020 - 7:08 AM

Ahaa, its nice conversation on the topic of this
piece of writing at this place at this web site, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.

Harris November 29, 2020 - 7:25 AM

I think this is one of the most vital information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some
general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers

Dillon November 29, 2020 - 5:01 PM

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading?

I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if
it’s the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Horace November 30, 2020 - 1:29 AM

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every
day. It’s always useful to read through content from other writers
and use something from other sites.

Monica December 1, 2020 - 12:39 PM

If you are going for finest contents like myself, only visit
this site daily because it provides feature contents, thanks

Rosaria December 4, 2020 - 5:30 AM

It’s awesome in favor of me to have a site, which is useful in favor of my experience.
thanks admin

Cerys December 4, 2020 - 5:00 PM

Keep this going please, great job!

Lou December 5, 2020 - 1:09 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you really understand what
you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my site =).
We may have a link trade agreement between us

Mike December 10, 2020 - 8:57 PM

Ahaa, its fastidious discussion regarding this post at this place at
this web site, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

Samira December 22, 2020 - 2:57 PM

I know this web page offers quality dependent articles and extra data, is there any other web site which offers these
kinds of things in quality?

Toney December 24, 2020 - 1:46 AM

I think the admin of this site is truly working hard for
his site, as here every stuff is quality based

Uwe December 27, 2020 - 11:16 AM

Heey very nice blog!

Sabine December 29, 2020 - 8:42 PM

You made some good points there. I looked on the web to learn more about the issue and found most people will
go along with your views on this website.

Malinda December 30, 2020 - 3:51 PM

Very rapidly this site will be famous amid all blog viewers,
due to it’s fastidious articles

Cherie January 2, 2021 - 9:48 AM

What’s up, I want to subscribe for this web site to obtain latest updates,
so where can i do it please assist.

Millard January 4, 2021 - 1:19 AM

Excellent blog you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing
like yours nowadays. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Aracelis January 4, 2021 - 7:20 PM

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your
blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write
again soon!

Eugenio January 5, 2021 - 3:06 AM

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone
to do it for you? Plz reply as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out
where u got this from. cheers

Graig January 5, 2021 - 5:06 AM

Wonderful, what a weblog it is! This webpage provides helpful information to us, keep
it up.

Layla April 14, 2021 - 1:57 PM

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told was once
a enjoyment account it. Look complicated to far introduced agreeable from you!
However, how can we communicate?


Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More